Saturday 14 November 2015

Words That Are Often Confused

Accede : I accede your request
Exceed : The performance exceeded my expectation. 

Accept : he accept my request. 
except : All are here except Ali.
expect : I expect I'll enjoy the day. 

access : The key gave me access to the house.
Excess : She has in excess of a hundred books.

Adopt : I adopt myself according to situation. 
adapt : They adapted baby twins. 

admission : I get admission in Bs_IT.
Admittance : The ticket gave me the admittance to the show. 

Advice : He advice me to work hard.
Advise : Principal give us a good advise about our study.

Affect : I affected by him
Effect : this is not a good effect on me.  

Affection : I have an affection for my baby. 
Affectation :  His posh talk is an affectation. 

Afflict : Bullies afflict their classmate. 
Inflict : They inflicted blows on their enemies. 

aisle : the bright and groom walked down the aisle.
Isle : I enjoy the holyday on the isle of the carpi. 

Allusion : The author made an allusion to his suffering. 
Illusion : don't worry it just an illusion. 

altar : The Minister stood before the altar.
alter : They need to alter some of thier habits. 

already : It was already getting late.
all ready : I'm all of the ready at the start of game. 

alternate : Their relation alternate between love and enemy. 
alternative :  I've an alternative idea for this project.

altogether :  It was an altogether good concert. 
All together : the Class went to a picnic all together. 

ambiguous : Their answer was ambiguous .
ambivalent :  I'm ambivalent about my relation with them. 

Among : You're welcome among us. 
Between : between you and me , we can finish the job. 

Amoral : for animal, killing is amoral. 
immoral : For Human, killing is immoral. 

angel : I saw an angel in my dream.
angle :  this angle is 90 degree. 

appraise : the apprise is to inform.
apprise : they apprised us of the results of the exam. 

aural : She has good aural understanding of french.
oral : you should be good in oral communication. 

award :  he gets the award. 
reward : i'll give reward if u work hard. 

bare : he is in bare foot.
bear : You've to bear him. 

base : you  have a good base in your matriculation.
basis : I join army on the basis of my body.
bases :  the house stands on a solid basis. 

bated : I awaited the result with bated breath. 
baited : The hook was baited with a shiny fly.

bazaar :  I shopped in an oriental bazaar. 
Bizarre : The octors wore bizarre costumes. 

Because : he's depressed just because of you. 
since : I was kid since i'm 20 years old.

Beside : The waste paper basket is beside the desk.
besides : Besides, I am getting late.

biannual : Rice is a biannual crop.
biennial : The Chess olympics are biennial,every even-numbered  year.

breathe  : I like to breathe fresh air.
breath : I take a breath of fresh air. 

can : I can do anything.
may : May I know your good name?

cannon : This cannon is so dangerous.
canon : They acted according to the good canon taste.

canvas : The artist started on a new canvas.
canvass : The polititions canvassed in their electrorates.

casual : They wore casual clothes. 
causal : there is a causal explanation for hailstorms.

chord : The Guitarist played a chord.
cord : the parcel was held together with a cord. 

cite : They like to cite shakespear.
sight : This sight is so beautifull.
site : I created this site 1 day ago. giccl2015.blogspot.com

coarse : mum doesn't like us to use coarse language.
course : I took a course of IT.

collaborate : Sami and Sarmad collaborated in getting a pail of water.
corroborate : The witnesses corroborated each other's testimony.

common : don't worry this is common in lahore.
mutual : this is mutually perpandicular.

complement : That lamp complements the room.
compliment : The job was done by a complement of workers.
compose : I compose an E-mail yesterday.
comprise : Comprising workers in all industries as strike was called.

No comments:

Post a Comment